- For information on the customer, a Riad is a typical Moroccan House, restored and fitted out as a small hotel. They normally have between 3 and 7 rooms, depending on the hotel, but all are welcoming, with friendly and family friendly, and by entering them, will be wrapped in an authentic Moroccan setting. They are in the alleys of the Medina and close to the Yemma el Fna square.
- The kasbahs built in adobe with crenelated towers and decorations of crude brick, occasionally, are true fortified villages.
They are situated in a spectacular landscape in which the desert and the mountains are, combining all the tones of ocher and red, the rivers create gorges that are transformed into fertile valleys or oasis with Green Palm trees.
If the ancient Kasbahs seduce with its power of evocation, landscape moves by the force of contrast, brightness and silence that fills the soul of peace and tranquillity, so this route is one of the most attractive and chosen from Morocco.
- As from the country from which to travel, they must be informed of the documentation needed to travel to Morocco.
- Once in Morocco can make the change of currency in places indicating by your guide.
- They also have the option to withdraw money at ATMs, it will give you the local currency, your bank will charge them between 2 and 4 euros, depending on the Bank..
- They should not worry for their safety, theft etc. It is not more insecure than any other place, the Moroccan people are hospitable, friendly and educated.
- If you want to make photos to someone, it is better to ask, especially women.
- It will receive you with a delicious tea, they should not reject it, nothing would happen, but it’s a gesture of welcome and hospitality.
- If you speak of politics or religion, do it with tact, they will explain willingly wants him to know.
- The entrance to the mosque is limited only to Muslims, only a few in the country, admits the entrance to tourists and visitors with different religious creed.
- Do not be surprised if you see two men caught in the hand, it is a demonstration of friendship, it is usual that males walk hand, embrace it and kiss with his closest friends. * * * * Grip hands or touching the breast with the open palm are the usual.
- Share the food eating with the hand, is normal, is still done between families and good friends. (You eat with your right hand). Do not be a problem, if you wish, to share this habit.
- They must wear clothing and comfortable shoes, it is best to check depending on the time of year.
- In time of heat, Sun protection cream should be in the desert.
- He must drink bottled water opened by you, the water is drinkable, but not being used, can cause gastric problems.
- They will appreciate the tips that could give.
- If you eat raw vegetables, it is best that they are well washed and peeled fruit. With the rest of the meal, they do not have to have any problem. (Don’t miss the square Jemma el Fna juices).